Welcome to our Trail Information & Trail Conditions page.
Opens * * * December 16th
Closes * * * April 15th
of course, all dependent on the beauty of the WHITE stuff!
* * *
New Snowmobile Trail for Newport City
Newport City - Vermont's Snowmobile City Press Release (Click Here)
January 2, 2018
View broadcast of the WCAX Snowmobile Trail Comes to Newport Downtown. Click on image above.
Posted Wednesday, February 14, 2018
Photos by Katherine Lawson Bowman, Friday, February 6, 2015 9:20 AM
Some of our Groomer Operators (L to R)
George St. Onge
Mandeville on the right had the vision and was instrumental in creating
our newest trail -- the connector from Pine Hill OS88 to Brownington OS89. This trail is a tremendous asset to our trail system.
Trail 58 & 14 & C14
- Connecting with the Bob's Quick Stop trail at the bridge on VT RT 14
- Connects with Orleans Snowstormers at Croteau's OS46
Includes feeder trail to Martha's Diner and Royer's Service & Mini Mart OS19
- Includes feeder trail to Sweet Harmony
Thursday & Sunday
14A & 14
Monday & Friday
- Starts at the Airport Road and continues around Pine Hill to Prouty Beach on Memphremagog
- Connects with Derby Driftdusters by Century 21 in Derby OS6 & OS9
- Includes connector trail to Brownington, which connects with Orleans Snowstormers near the Old Stone House OS89
Tuesday & Saturday
- Travels down to Memphremagog by Farrant's Point
- Connects with Country Riders near Wayne's Restaurant OS28 and in Coventry at OS44
Connects to our Croteau's Trail by the Coventry Covered Bridge
- At Bob's Quick Stop connects with Hazen's Notch Snowmobile Club of Lowell OS45 and the Glover Trailwinders and Orleans Snowstormers OS38
every effort is made to adhere to the above grooming schedule,
equipment breakdowns, weather, snow conditions and operator
availability may cause changes to the grooming schedule.
North Country Mountaineers cover 65 miles of the VAST trail system in
Coventry, Irasburg and Newport. Each trail is groomed twice a
week We update our Trails Report as often as possible
especially when there is big
news to report such as a pending snow storm etc.
We continue to e-mail our Trails Reports to members who
provided us with an e-mail address. If you would like to receive these
reports by e-mail contact Irene here.
Norm Bennett and Chuck Bowman preparing the
groomer for it's first run of the season in 2015.
Photo by Kathy Bowman
2018 - 2019 News will begin as soon as the snow flies!
Big Thank you to Chuck Bowman,Steve, Connor & Kyle Dalpe,Norm, Dale & Scott Bennett,Don Bennett, David Aho, and Marshall Bowmanfor all their volunteer work to get our trails open after the big storm!
Chuck Bowman on his 3rd day clearing
the snowmobile trails with the Excavator!
Your everyday friendly groomer operators,
Don Bennett (foreground) & Steve Dalpe (background).
Back to the top.
View the North Country Mountaineers
groomer in action on U-Tube
March 18, 2010
Want to know what it is like to ride in a groomer, check out this video of Don Bennett and Steve Dalpe trying out a Pisten Bully on Jay Peak trails March 18, 2010.
Video by Steve Dalpe
Friday, January 1, 2010
Grooming by Al's Snowmobile
Video by Patrick Martell
Saturday, January 24, 2010
Grooming Bob's Quick Stop Trail
Video by Steve Dalpe